5/18/15 Chronicles

Friends' blogs


Latest Post - This Week

  Monday 5/11/15

I had to get up very early (2:30am) for a conference call with FOX executives, and then I didn't get to ask a question. Very annoying. I went back to sleep after a little while. I'm still coughing a bit, but mostly I'm sleeping through the night.

David had a dinner tonight and forgot to tell me, so I waited around for a while :( but then he went with me to Epic for dinner.

I've just been working and catching up with TV. Same ol' stuff!

I decided to keep track of what I eat etc. in my own food diary. Hopefully that will be easier.

Bad allergies today. I don't need that when I'm still fighting the rest of my sinus infection!

Don't forget to also check out my TV Blog! Both are updated about once a week.

I disabled the comments because of spam, but please do Contact me if you have a comment about the blog!

I disabled the comments because of spam, but please do Contact me if you have a comment about the blog!

I stayed up until about 6am. I just wasn't tired.

  Tuesday 5/12/15

I was finally able to sleep through the night without having to prop myself up with pillows... yay! Took my last antibiotic today, too.

I'm very tired and hope to go to bed early. I woke up around 1:30 from a loud knocking at the door. I forgot that plumbers were coming today for an inspection. Fortunately, he waited while I woke up and got dressed. I guess because we're renting, and in a big building, they send someone out to inspect everything (they never did in our old apartment).  The chain had fallen off in the guest bathroom toilet, and it was hard to get to because there's a shelf right over the toilet, but he fixed it for me, so yay! Good timing.  He said that the toilet is running a little, and so is the faucet in the tub, and also there's a handle missing on one of the faucets where the washing machine plugs in, so he's going to report it to the owner and then they'll send someone out, at some point, to fix those things. Glad that's all done with!

Then I mailed a large box at the post office, and then I walked over to the Safeway with my grocery cart to get food.  After that, we went to Murphy's for dinner. I was starving by that point. David had a work lunch, so he wasn't hungry. I had their scallops provencal, which is always good.

I'm hoping I can get my hair cut tomorrow...

Going to bed early tonight!

  Wednesday 5/13/15

Last night was the first night that I didn't take any cough medicine before going to sleep. I did wake up coughing once, but after that, I got back to sleep just fine. I ended up sleeping almost 12 hours.

I had another conference call at 11. That's a much better time.

I was feeling very sleepy and not all that great this morning (gluten issues) and I took a little nap for about an hour. I dreamed that I was going to a karaoke contest (that's a recurring dream) and I was going to perform this song... normally I never dream of a specific song (or if I do, I don't remember it later). Often the dream is not a good one, frankly. I dream I'm about to go up to sing and then, there's no words, or they don't have the song I want...something like that. But this one just sort of petered out. But the odd thing is, after I woke up, I remembered the song and said, I have to sing that. Now, I have heard this song MANY times but never tried singing it before or recording it, for karaoke. Just never got around to it. So, anyway, I went right over and listened to it and then later recorded it. It came out great.

My voice is much better, but I could only record the one song and then it was kinda shot. Still a lot of congestion.

After I learned the song, I took a shower, then I went to get my hair cut (it was WAY overdo) across the street. Then I went to Wal-mart and bought a few things, then I stopped at Subway to get a sandwich and soda.  Then I went back and recorded the song. It was a fun afternoon.

We were going to go to dinner at J.J. Dolan's, but it was packed, so we just got food to go at The Tap Room, next door.

Nothing much else going on. I have a one-on-one phone call interview tomorrow at 8 am. UGH. I don't know why, but I always get really nervous before these calls, and especially before the one-on-one calls. It's so silly. I mean, I've done like 400 or 500 interviews now. You'd think the butterflies would go away. I mean, it's worse than butterflies, actually. I dread the calls. I hate that feeling but I don't know how to get rid of it, aside from stop doing them. I don't want to stop doing them, either. I actually enjoy them while I'm doing them, and afterwards, it's great. A huge relief and I'm usually giddy with excitement. It's not at all like stage fright, either, which I've had many times. I guess it's more like an audition....It's just one of those silly mental things that you can't just put aside.

I had trouble sleeping. I went to bed about 1:30 but then tossed and turned a lot. Then I kept having weird dreams.

  Thursday 5/14/15

I woke up around 6am for my call. It went fine. I don't know why I worry so... It's always such a relief afterwards.

I tried to go back to sleep, but it took me a long time. First, my website was having problems, so I was worried about that. We finally got it working again. Then I was singing along on this phone app called SMULE. It's fun and since I'm so congested still, I can sing much lower than usual. You can hear the songs I recorded here. They're not great, but it was just nice to hit the low notes for a change.

David's having a very stressful week. Hopefully things will be better in a few weeks once his semester is over (although it's never really OVER for him).  It would be nice to go somewhere over the Memorial Day Weekend if we can, but I don't know if we can yet. (We're not as it turns out)

He was gone in the evening for graduation... I just stayed home today since my schedule was so erratic and I haven't felt very good. I hope I'm over this cold and sinus infection finally.

I still have the band, I guess. They haven't really been calling me or emailing me back, so I don't know what's going on. I fear that since we lost our drummer last year (who was a total A-Hole, but he pushed everyone to do stuff) that we may not get our act together again.

Right now I still can't really sing too much. Hopefully in a week or so, my singing voice will be back to normal. Knock on wood! I guess I'll have to try that nasal rinse kit again, even though I really hate it.

Thank goodness, I can sleep in tomorrow! No interviews, no dry cleaning pickup or delivery, just sleep as long as I want. Yay! I can just go to bed tonight whenever I feel like and wake up whenever I feel like. Such a blessing. I think I really need another good night's sleep.

Friday 5/15/15

Boy, did I sleep in. I slept about 14 hours. I was coughing a lot and had to take cough medicine, so that's probably why. It knocked me out.

I heard back from Ginny about us starting up the girl band, and from this other woman, Monica, so I hope that once I'm well enough to sing again, we can get something together. It's exciting!

We went to Waikiki and had dinner at Giovanni Pastrami, which we both like. They have a sandwich there with corned beef and pastrami, and thousand island dressing, so I get that, but without the bread. It's really good. Also, they have great cole slaw.

Then we stopped at Kelly O'Neal's and had a few drinks there and listened to the band they had playing. We didn't stay very late.

On the way back from Waikiki, our cab driver started telling us about some passengers he had that claimed they had been abducted by or saw UFO's. He seemed to take it seriously. I said NOTHING and David pretended to be interested. Um, thanks, next time we'll take the sane taxi instead...

Tonight I just caught up on some work on my site, and did  a few things around the house like putting away the laundry, and doing the dishes. So exciting!

I ran out of Mucinex, but I'm not nearly as congested today, so that's good.

It's funny that you can be married to a person for over 30 years and still discover things about them! That's not a clich.

I stayed up all night...probably a bad idea.

Saturday 5/16/15

It's 7:30am, and I really want to go to bed, but we have to go to Kaiser, and I can't put it off any more. Also, we really need to go to the grocery store.

I ended up staying up most of the day. First we went to ZIppy's for breakfast, although I didn't have much, just some bacon and hash browns. It was funny, though, because I was almost done with my hash browns, and I stopped to get my credit card out for the  waitress. When I turned back, she had taken my plate away. David laughed and said, "I guess you didn't want the rest of those hash browns..." LOL!

Then we went to Kaiser, where I picked up my prescription, got my blood taken, and picked up my contact lenses that have been sitting there for months, and also got my glasses slightly repaired. Then we stopped at the grocery store on the way back.

After a slight rest, by that time it was almost noon, so we went to grab a quick lunch. I had a nap after that, and then we had dinner. I wanted to go to Il Vino, but they were all booked up, so we went to the place next to them, Hiroshi. Both have gluten free menus, and I enjoy both places. Hiroshi has a salmon sushi dish that is wonderful. For one thing, it's cooked (not sure why it's still called sushi then, but okay!). Also, it has a delicious sauce on it. It's really yummy. Normally I'm not a big fan of salmon and won't eat sushi.

We walked around and stopped at some other places for drinks. It was a very nice night and I did quite a bit of walking today.

After doing a little bit of work, I went back to bed around 10. It was great to finally sleep.

Sunday 5/17/15

I already got some of my blood tests back, and my a1c (that's the diabetes test) came back good. I'm very relieved because even though I've been watching what I eat, the numbers on my blood sugar monitor haven't been great. Maybe it's not working right.

I slept really well and woke up around 8:30 but made myself stay in bed until 9. I really don't want to get up earlier than 9 unless I really have to.

Now I have lots of work to catch up on! I got a lot done.

We went over to Hooter's for lunch. I had chicken wings. Then in the afternoon I took a nap. That was a bad idea!

In the evening, we went to Downbeat like usual for dinner. I spent most of the day and night working and watching TV.

I couldn't get to sleep, so I ended up staying up until 4am.

Hope you all have a great week!

This page updated 3/24/17

[an error occurred while processing this directive] Save the Internet: Click here

Home 1/5/15 Chronicles 1/12/15 Chronicles 1/19/15 Chronicles 1/26/15 Chronicles 2/2/15 Chronicles 2/16/15 Chronicles 2/23/15 Chronicles 3/2/15 Chronicles 3/9/15 Chronicles 3/19/15 Chronicles 3/30/15 Chronicles 4/6/15 Chronicles 4/13/15 Chronicles 4/20/15 Chronicles 5/4/15 Chronicles 5/11/15 Chronicles 5/18/15 Chronicles 5/25/15 Chronicles 6/1/15 Chronicles 6/8/15 Chronicles 6/22/15 Chronicles 6/29/15 Chronicles 7/6/15 Chronicles 7/13/15 Chronicles 7/20/15 Chronicles 7/27/15 Chronicles 8/3/15 Chronicles 8/10/15 Chronicles 8/17/15 Chronicles 8/24/15 Chronicles 8/31 Chronicles 9/7/15 Chronicles 9/14/15 Chronicles 9/21/15 Chronicles 10/1/15 Chronicles 11/2/15 Chronicles 10/5/15 Chronicles 10/12/15 Chronicles 10/19/15 Chronicles 10/28/15 Chronicles 11/9/15 Chronicles 11/19/15 Chronicles 11/25/15 Chronicles 12/12/15 Chronicles 12/21/15 Chronicles 12/28/15 Chronicles