This yummy combination of whipped cream and raspberries is easy to make. If you want to get ultra-fancy, you can run the raspberry puree through a strainer to take out the seeds, but it isn't necessary.
* About 2 1/2 cups raspberries (can use frozen, thawed)
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* Sugar or sugar substitute to taste
1) Put 2 cups of raspberries in the blender or food processor. Add sweetener to taste; you want it fairly sweet.
2) Whip cream with vanilla and about 2 Tablespoons of sugar equivalent. How to Make Whipped Cream
3) For a nice presentation, put a Tablespoon or so of raspberry puree in the bottom of a wine glass or clear dessert dish.
4) Mix the rest of the puree in with the whipped cream, but don't mix it too well: You want to have wide streaks of red and various shades of pink throughout.
5) Spoon into dessert dishes and garnish with the rest of the raspberries (or mix some whole berries into the fool).
Makes about 5 servings.
Nutritional Information: Each serving has 5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 4 grams fiber and 200 calories.
Gluten Free and Low Carb
Back to Recipes page